HBBC Charities 2017
Through the efforts of our members and the contributions of Bears fans, the Booster Club last season and summer donated a total of $39,530.50 to area and Booster Club charities.
Below is a listing of the charitable donations made by the Club after the
2016-17 season. There are also links to the websites for each charity,
to give an accounting of the groups we allot our money to.
1) Ronald McDonald House of Central PA $ 9,000
2) Four Diamonds Fund of Central PA $ 9,000
3) Susquehanna Service Dogs $ 3,741
4) American Cancer Society $ 3,741
5) Allegheny Valley School $ 1,100
6) Bethesda Mission $ 1,100
7) C A T R A $ 1,100
8) Cops for K.O.P.S. $ 1,100
9) G - P A C T $ 1,100
10) Hospice of Central Pennsylvania $ 1,100
11) Orders 4 Love $ 1,100
12) Silence of Mary $ 1,100
13) Autism Society of Harrisburg $ 1,000
14) Personal Energy Transportation Carlisle $ 1,000
15) Pink Hands of Hope $ 840
16) Central Pa. Food Bank $ 738
17) American Heart Association $ 680
18) Children's Miracle Network Hershey $ 500
19) Bridgeport Rescue Mission (Convention Charity) $ 250
20) Bridgeport Hospital Pediatric ( Conv. Charity ) $ 240.50
To learn more about the organizations listed above, please check out the websites linked to the charities.
The reason for differing amounts is that some specific funds are earmarked to certain groups.
We also contributed 190 pounds of food to the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank as part of our annual Food Bank Night.
The Club also collects can tabs and hotel soaps, shampoos and sundries for the Ronald McDonald House during the season. If you collect these, you can drop them at the table during any Bears home game.
We are proud to be able to do these things, and we recognize the contributions of all our contributors - we couldn't do this without you all !!